After six years of helping thousands of people get healthcare, we have seen a few things. I am currently running the full service enrollment center in Wenatchee. It's where we answer questions and enroll people in healthcare at no cost to them. Look if you have an account on the Washington Healthplan Finder then please keep it current. Reading your mail and paying your taxes solves the basic difficulties with the program. Here are the big tips:
- Put the mobile app on your phone so you can check easily check your account and get messages. The user name and passwords are the same as the desktop version.
- Select a no charge broker to get your questions answered. This is maximum service for minim dollars. Some of us throw out tips on facebook and if you don't get help directly, your neighbor does.
- Right off the bat if you have Apple Health Dental then use the heck out of it. You get cleanings every year, basic restorative fillings, some root canals and dentures. More people qualify for Apple Health or their children do than they realize. For kids, then they can get braces if it is medical necessity. My son is doing this program and it helps our family budget tremendously. To find an Dentist that takes it, use the search engine. When you call double check that they are still taking Apple Health patients.
- If you need help with organizing your application then give us a call. We would rather spend five minutes before open enrollment than 20 minutes during.
- If you want an appointment so that you are not waiting around use the calendar app. Yes, we take phone appointments.
- Open Enrollment runs November 1st through December 15th. When it closes it is harder to get insurance as you need a documented reason. Our first person last year that discovered this was before Christmas. Even if you don't qualify for a special enrollment update your account and if you qualify for Apple Health then you will have healthcare immediately. Do not wait.
|Suzie & Matt McColm|
For 2020 Open Enrollment, The Washington Health Benefit Exchange Board has approved the plans. We are looking at an average decrease in the exchange market of 3.27% Since you had a birthday, and not all plans lowered in rates you may not have the best bargain if you stick to the same plan.
** denotes new healthcare provider for Washington state Healthplan Finder
There are some big changes for 2020. 96% of the Exchange consumers will have a choice of two or more insurance companies! Lifewise expanded into 33 counties across the state. We are talking 66 qualified health plans and 7 qualified dental plans. With 1 in 4 Washington citizens using the Healthplan finder to manage their healthcare means there will be a large demand during open enrollment.
If you need help then do not hesitate to reach out to a Enrollment Center:
Suzie Health Insurance
1630 N. Wenatchee Avenue, Ste. 18, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Enrollment Centers do not charge fees. They are regular offices spaces. Several of us have provided this service for multiple years. For Suzie Health Solutions, this is our third year of providing these services with the Healthplan Finder.