The Health Care Authority transmits this information electronically to the IRS. Apple Health clients should keep the form for their records, since it contains important information they will need to complete their 2015 tax return.
In some cases, people may get more than one tax form – such as 1095-A, 1095-, or 1095-C – depending on their employer and the kind of health coverage they had during 2015:
· The 1095-A is furnished by the state’s Health Insurance Marketplace (Health Benefit Exchange)
· The 1095-B can also be furnished by other government-sponsored programs, employer-sponsored group health plans, and more.
· State employees and retirees enrolled in the Uniform Medical Plan through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, as well as employees of certain employers, will receive the 1095-C form from their employer or the Health Care Authority (HCA).
If you receive questions from these clients or if you want more information about the tax forms please consult the following references:
· 1095-A: http://www.wahbexchange.org/1095A
· 1095-B for Apple Health recipients: www.hca.wa.gov/medicaid/Pages/1095B.aspx
· 1095-B from other entities: http://www.irs.gov/
· 1095-C: http://www.irs.gov/
For any other tax-related questions, please refer to the http://www.irs.gov/ website, or consult a tax professional.